The Rush Advantage
Idaho Rush Soccer offers a number of advantages other clubs simply can't match:
- A complete developmental pyramid. Regardless of a child's age, ability or financial status, we will find a place for them to play. That goes for a 16-year-old with dreams of playing professionally to a 4-year-old kicking a ball for the first time. As your player grows in ability and interest, he or she can move through the PAKS, Recreation, Select and Competitive programs. And if they still aren't challenged enough, we can get them opportunities to play outside of Idaho and into college.
- Opportunities beyond Idaho. Through its affiliation with the international Rush Soccer organization, Idaho Rush players have opportunities from coast-to-cost and beyond. Idaho Rush players can and have played as guest players with Rush teams from other states and have played on nationwide Rush "all-star" teams at prestigous events such as the President's Day tournament in Phoenix. Rush Soccer provides a nationwide framework in which Idaho Rush players can be affected by current and former U.S. National Team coaches, former international and MLS professionals, and internationally known coaching professionals. Rush Soccer provides a breadth and depth of talent and opportunities unique in Idaho.
- Professional, full-time staff. Idaho Rush has Seven full-time staff and Three part-time staff that are always on hand to answer administrative and coaching questions. Our full-time staff has a wealth of experience in coaching, teaching, player development, and sports administration. In addition to our full-time staff, we employee more than 20 paid coaches that work with our competitive teams.
- Development of the player on the field and off the field. Idaho Rush takes its committment to developing the whole player very seriously. We have an active College Advisory Program designed to help players navigate the college preparation and selection process (whether they plan to play in college or not). We also expect our players to participate in community service opportunites each year, including Rake UP Boise, TOPSoccer, One World Soccer, and the Blue Toe fundraiser.
- Name: Idaho Rush Soccer
- Status: 501(c)(3) not-for-profit as Capitol Youth Sports Association
- Location: 270 S. Orchard, Boise, ID 83705
- Recreation: About 1,600.
- Select: About 1,300.
- Competitive: About 490.
- Training sites: Dozens throughout Boise, Meridian and Eagle,
- Game sites: Primarily Simplot Sports Complex (Rec, Select and Competitive), Optimist Youth Sports Complex (Select and Competitive) and Lewis & Clark Middle School (Rec).
- Staff: Seven full-time, three part-time and dozens of contract coaches.
Idaho Rush Soccer was formed in 2006 through the merger of a handful of longstanding and successful soccer organizations:
- The Capitol Youth Soccer Association (CYSA), which has provided soccer opportunities for the children of Boise since 1980. CYSA is the longest serving soccer organization in the state of Idaho, pre-dating even the state governing body. Over the years, its Recreation and Greater Metro programs served as the developmental ground for tens of thousands of soccer players. hundreds of players who started with CYSA as young players have gone on to play collegiate soccer, while the majority simply continue to play for fun as a lifetime sport.
- The Idaho Osprey Soccer Club has a history of taking developmental players and maximizing their potential in competitive environments such as State Cup, Olympic Development Program, and Far West Regionals.
- Rush Soccer is recognized as one of the premier youth soccer organizations in the country.